Water’s Edge is a new Grade A commercial office development at Dundee’s waterfront by Tayforth Properties, co-owned by tech entrepreneurs Chris van der Kuyl and Paddy Burns.
The building was due to be officially opened on 26 June 2019 by Derek Mackay, Cabinet Secretary for Finance, Economy and Fair Work, in the presence of a host of other local dignitaries and businesses.
Over 200 people were invited along to enjoy tours of the building and a Grand opening reception in the late afternoon to mark the official opening of the building.
THE VOLPA SOLUTION
Volpa was tasked with handling the media for launch day and generating as much profile as possible for the new development with a view to increasing enquiries from companies for the remaining units.
Volpa developed a PR strategy which included:
- Inviting media along for the official building opening photocall with Derek Mackay
- Generating interview opportunities for Tayforth Property’s high-profile co-owner and tech entrepreneur Chris van der Kuyl
- Issuing a press release including the official opening pictures to key media
- Targeting relevant business features around the time of the opening i.e. Business Insider’s ‘Business Moving’ feature in the July/August 2019 edition
- Issuing images from the launch after party to feature in Business Insider’s Slainte pages.
- Issuing a press release on two sculptures designed specifically for Water’s Edge via a Dundee University student competition
OUR CUNNINGLY GOOD RESULTS
On launch day, a reporter from STV news came along to film proceedings, with a photographer from The Courier present to take pictures of the official opening with Derek Mackay. Two interviews were set up for Chris van der Kuyl with journalists from The Herald and The Courier.