No such thing as a free picnic? Well, perhaps there is. Scottish Enterprise have recently launched their Scottish Enterprise By Design grant which can enable businesses to tap into support of up £5000 towards design for your business.
Scottish businesses can now apply for support from £2000 up to £5000 to help design new products, websites, packaging and all the things that make make your business not only look great, but drive success. And the very good news is that Volpa can help you with all of it…..
Here’s some details on the grant:
Who can apply?
- VAT registered companies in Scotland (except Highlands and Islands) looking to develop new products or services
- You must be able to contribute at least 25% of the cost
- You must be able to fund the project up front
- You must be able to demonstrate the benefits of the project
- While you don’t have to be trading, you do have to be VAT registered, and be able to describe how the grant will help take your product or service to market
- If you’re a social enterprise company, you can still apply as long as you are trading and VAT registered.
What can you use it for?
- Design a new product or service or improve the design of existing products or services
- Hire a designer to help improve your business processes
- Updated branding and packaging as part of a larger innovation project, however this must not make up the whole of the project
- External research providing information on customer needs and wants
- Hire an expert to help write a design brief or prepare a design blueprint
- Develop a more user-friendly approach to new product development
- Hire an expert to help your business use design more effectively
- Expert advice and feasibility studies
- Designing and developing a website, as long as the website is part of a project and the costs don’t make up more than 10% of the grant amount.
If you’d like to apply, all you have to do is head over to the Scottish Enterprise website. But if you fancy having a chat first about how we can help, please get in touch on 01738 658187 or email us on email@example.com and we’ll set up a meeting to have a chat.